Monday, April 17, 2017

Joshua Tree Bday + Bachelorette is Always a Good Idea

One of my best friends is getting married in a few weeks, and we threw her a bachelorette party in Joshua Tree this past weekend.  It was also her birthday, and I'd never been to Joshua Tree or a bachelorette party.  I was excited but also kind of nervous because I wasn't going to know half the girls. Half of us were best friends from college, and the other half was going to be new girls my friend had met throughout the years. Two of my girlfriend's were flying into LA from SF, and I was flying in from Sacramento. I grew up in LA but live in Sacramento right now because of my job.




We started setting up for the other girls as soon as we got there.  Once we were finished, we headed out to get dinner and drinks at the Joshua Tree Saloon.  I thought their food and service were both really good, and the number of stars they have on yelp (only 3) totally doesn't reflect either.





We stayed at the cutest not-so-little house -- the Boulder House. If you're looking for somewhere to stay in the area, I definitely recommend checking them out on Airbnb. They say the house can accommodate/sleep up to 14, which it did, but you have to be willing to share beds.  




The first day/night, we just hung out by pool and had lunch/drinks/cocktails. I knew right away that I'd be friends with the new girls because they all just felt familiar to me. For dinner, we made shrimp tacos and kale/corn salad and ate at the outdoor tables.  For dessert, we had the above unicorn birthday cake, courtesy of my girlfriend's who's an absolute pro at recreating Pinterest finds.  




The next day we got up to go to the sound baths at the Integratron. I didn't get any pictures, but essentially you get to hear some interesting info before listening to some crystals. The whole reservation is an hour long and it's definitely a relaxing experience. Once we got back, we spent the rest of the day having apps and drinks by the pool again. We started getting ready for dinner at Pappy + Harriet's around 4pm. If you don't know, Pappy + Harriet's is a well-known spot that offers live music and food in the area.



One of my other girlfriend's, Eliana, was kind enough to play DD and drive a few of us over to Pappy + Harriet's ♥ Once we got there, we grabbed some drinks at the bar and then went to our table, which just so happened to be in front of Scarlett Johansson's table! The rest of the night's a blur, but I do remember absolutely loving the skirt steak and cheesey potatoes that I had for dinner. The next day, we got up and got ready to check out before road tripping back to LA. We made a pit stop at the Cabazon outlets (the best) on our way back, and ended our day at The Black Cat on Sunset before heading back to the airport. Until next time, I have to say this was the most fun trip I'd ever been on and if you're at all on the fence about attending a friend's bachelorette -- I say do it! And if your gf is as laid back as mine is, you (and your liver) won't have much to worry about 😚

xo, Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment