Monday, April 10, 2017

Mondaze + How to Get Your Chicken Caesar on the Cheap!

Hi there ⇝ I don't know about you, but Monday is without a doubt my least favorite day of the week. The weekends always go by too fast, and I always end up wishing I could just spend the day catching up on t.v. (and Pinterest during the commercials, anyone else do that?) and maybe go to the gym...maybe. Coming in at a close second is adulting, and also lawyering, both of which seem exponentially harder on Mondays. 

Since I'm usually riding the struggle bus on Mondays, I was without lunch and good ideas.  Luckily for me, we have a Sprouts by my office.  I'm actually lucky that my firm is surrounded by a lot of good options, and Sprouts never fails me.  I'm also lucky that I get to keep a mini fridge in my office so I'm able to stock up.  I ended up getting a pre-made caesar salad (a steal at $2.31), a container of "just shredded chicken", a turkey sandwich on multigrain, a snack box of mixed cheese/grapes/crackers, a bottle of Rebbl Reishi Chocolate, a bottle of Daily Greens Renew, and a box of Sprouts Blend kcups for the week.  I found out that it's a lot cheaper to add "just shredded chicken" to a plain caesar salad than it is to buy Sprouts' pre-packed chicken caesars.  Plus you can customize how much or how little chicken you add, for just the right chicken-to-salad-greens ratio.


I had a second cup of coffee around 3 p.m. and also drank the bottle of Daily Greens Renew I bought.  I'm happy to report it didn't have a lot of added sugars and was delicious.

I ended my day at 5:30 p.m. and met up with one of my girlfriends at the gym.  We did 30 minutes on the StairMaster, and another 30 minutes on the Precor elliptical.  I hear StairMasters are apparently really effective at torching calories and keep your core engaged + is easy on your joints. So basically, #triplethreat and #winning.  

When I got home, I watched the new episode of Southern Charm with my boyfriend.  Anyone else addicted to reality t.v.?  Seriously, no shame.  I like Naomie the best this season and hope they keep her on as a regular cast member.  What do you guys think about Shep?  At times I think he's being a genuine/true friend, but then other times I think he should stop asking Craig if he ever intends to take the bar/become an attorney.  Sure, Craig's not being entirely honest, but Shep keeps pushing it, too. And I absolutely can't wait to see how things unfold between Thomas/Landon/Katherine...now there's some drama with a capital D, y'all.  

xo, Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment