Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Beyond Meat BeastBurger w/ Cheese + Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs

If you haven't already tried Beyond Meat's BeastBurger, you absolutely must.  I'm pretty sure it had a hand in me deciding to go back to being a vegetarian.  I remember the first time Evan made it, I thought, "I like this better than beef."  Not kidding, even my dad -- who's a little set in his ways in some areas, food being one of them -- enjoyed it, when he accidentally had one in place of a beef cheeseburger during a barbecue.  

I'd been craving a cheeseburger with sweet potato fries all day at work, so when I came home, I knew we had to make a veg + healthier version.  I'm a big fan of Beyond Meat because, a while back, I think read that Bill Gates' is (or was) one of their investors in some article on Silicon Valley tech giants.  There was a separate article on Beyond Meat and the future of plant protein, which I thought was a cool read and has had me hooked ever since.



This was one of the tastiest dinners I'd had in a while, and if you stick around long enough, you'll find that I have plenty of delicious dinners because Evan is low key an iron chef.  

All I did here was roast the Beyond Meat BeastBurger along with Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs in the oven at 425 degrees.  I just followed the instructions and eyeballed both for optimal char + crisp.  I added a thin slice of mild cheddar cheese from Sprouts at the end and assembled.  Persian pickles on the side are optional but of course highly recommended.  

xo, Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment